As the excitement builds for the upcoming 6 Nations rugby tournament, fans in Dublin are eagerly searching for the best spots to watch the games while enjoying a pint and maybe some food. Dublin’s vibrant pub scene offers a plethora of options, but we’ve narrowed it down to the top 8 bars where you can soak up the thrilling atmosphere of the 6 Nations
- Doyles Corner, Phibsborough (Number 1): Topping our list is Doyles Corner in Phibsborough, known for its unbeatable atmosphere and lively crowd during rugby matches. With 14 large screens screens strategically placed throughout the venue, you won’t miss a moment of the action. Add to that their impressive selection of drinks and hearty pub grub, and you’ve got the perfect recipe for a rugby-filled day.
- Pye, Dundrum (Number 2): Pye in Dundrum secures the second spot on our list, offering a stylish and comfortable setting to enjoy the 6 Nations. With its large screens and top-notch sound system, Pye ensures an immersive rugby-watching experience. The extensive drink menu and friendly staff make this spot a favorite among locals and visitors alike.
- Oscars, Smithfield (Number 3): Oscar’s in Smithfield claims the third spot, combining the charm of a traditional Irish pub with modern amenities. The spacious layout and strategically positioned screens make it an excellent choice for catching all the rugby action. Grab a seat, order your favorite drink, and cheer on your team with fellow rugby enthusiasts.
- The Woolshed Baa & Grill, Parnell Street: The Woolshed on Parnell Street is a haven for sports fans, and the 6 Nations are no exception. Boasting a lively atmosphere, giant screens, and a menu filled with delicious bites, this bar guarantees an unforgettable rugby-watching experience.
- Toners, Baggot Street: Toners on Baggot Street is a classic Dublin pub that effortlessly combines history with a love for rugby. The cozy setting and friendly patrons make it an ideal spot to soak up the 6 Nations atmosphere while enjoying a perfectly poured pint.
- The Bath Pub, Bath Avenue: The Bath Pub on Bath Avenue is a hidden gem for rugby enthusiasts. With its inviting ambiance, impressive drink selection, and strategically placed screens, this venue ensures you won’t miss a single scrum or try during the 6 Nations.
- Searsons, Baggot Street: Searsons, located on Baggot Street, is a traditional Irish pub that transforms into a rugby haven during game days. With its warm decor, hearty food options, and enthusiastic crowd, Searsons provides an ideal setting to cheer on your favorite team.
- The Horseshoe Bar, The Shelbourne, Autograph Collection: For those seeking a more upscale experience, The Horseshoe Bar at The Shelbourne offers a luxurious setting to enjoy the 6 Nations. Indulge in premium drinks and gourmet snacks while witnessing the rugby excitement on high-quality screens.
Whether you’re a die-hard rugby fan or just looking for a lively atmosphere, these eight bars in Dublin are sure to provide an unforgettable 6 Nations viewing experience. So gather your friends, don your team colors, and get ready for an action-packed rugby season in the heart of Dublin.